Planned Changes to Train Times
Details of planned engineering works on the Southern network.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Southern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
Normally, the timetable for any particular day is confirmed 12 weeks in advance. For a temporary period Network Rail isn’t able to do this, instead confirming timetables closer to the date of travel. More detailed information is available here.
Wherever possible we've highlighted those affected journeys in our journey planner using a warning alert.
To help plan your journey in advance, we have worked with our industry partners to upload the dates and locations of planned engineering works into the engineering works calendar below.
You can still book tickets in advance and our Advance fares are available up until the day before travel. If you buy a ticket in advance and the journey is changed then you can either check how the service has been changed and continue to travel or apply for a refund.
Check for planned engineering work on your route
Please choose a date below
Planned engineering work for Today
No Southern trains between Shepherds Bush and Watford Junction / Milton Keynes Central from Saturday 25 to Monday 27 May
25 May - 27 May 2019 11:59 PM
Southern between East Croydon / Clapham Junction and Watford Junction / Milton Keynes Central
Engineering work is taking place on Saturday between Wembley Central and Hemel Hempstead and on Sunday between Clapham Junction / Shepherds Bush and Wembley Central, closing some lines.
On Saturday and Monday
Services between East Croydon and Milton Keynes Central will start / terminate at Shepherds Bush.
Services between East Croydon and Milton Keynes Central will not run.
Valid tickets can be used on:
- Southern services between Clapham Junction and London Victoria.
- London Underground services between Victoria and Euston.
- London Northwestern Railway services between London Euston and Watford Junction / Milton Keynes Central.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
You can plan your journey on London Underground by using the Transport for London Journey Planner