Booking tickets for a work outing? Going on a fun day out with friends or getting the old gang back together? Travel together and save money on your tickets.
Save money when travelling together
Whether it’s a work trip with colleagues, a getaway with friends, or a family holiday, booking group train tickets with us can work out cheaper than getting your tickets separately. Our GroupSave tickets save you a whopping 34% when you travel in a group of 3-9 adults.
When can we use our GroupSave tickets?
You can use your group train tickets at Off-Peak times. This means outside busy times on weekdays, and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays.
Because the savings with your GroupSave ticket are so good, unfortunately Railcards cannot be used for additional discounts.
For your ticket to be valid your whole group must travel together on the same train. It’s important to know that there are some days when GroupSave cannot be used on some services, for example when there are major events taking place. Here are the restrictions for the next 12 weeks.
Can children travel with the GroupSave tickets?
Yes. If you are wanting to travel as a family with a GroupSave ticket you can do.
Also for each adult in the group:
- up to two children under the age of 5 can travel free
- up to four children aged between 5 and 15 can travel for just £2 on selected journeys
What ticket is the GroupSave discount valid on?
You can get benefit from our GroupSave discount on the following tickets:
- Anytime Day Single (at Off-Peak times)
- Off-Peak Day & Super Off Peak Day Single & Return
- Off-Peak Day & Super Off Peak Day Travelcard from outside London
- Off-Peak Return
How do I get the GroupSave discount?
Booking your GroupSave tickets is simple and easy. When you book online as a group we’ll automatically apply your GroupSave discount for you, and you will be eligible for a money back guarantee.
GroupSave is also available from our ticket offices, but if you are travelling in a large group please purchase your tickets in advance of your date of travel.
If you are paying for your booking by credit/debit card you will need to collect and pay for your tickets at one of our stations.
Travelling in groups of 30 or more?
We know travelling with a lot of people can be stressful, which is why we have our helpful group booking service on hand to not only assist with planning your journey, but to also find you the best deal possible! The best fares are usually available during the quietest periods.
You can contact the team on:
- 03451 27 29 20 – Option 6 (calls may be recorded)
- Or via our online booking form
Please book in advance of your date of travel, as some routes have limited capacity and the more notice you give us the more likely we will be able to accept your booking.
Terms and conditions
- Full terms and conditions are available at your local station
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of three to nine people travelling together at all times. You can’t travel separately at any time. If you do, you could get a penalty fare
- You can use GroupSave discount tickets in London and the South East with Great Northern, Thameslink, Greater Anglia, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Gatwick Express, Great Western Railway, Island Line, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern, South Western Railway, and Southern
- Your railcard can’t get you any further discounts on GroupSave tickets
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Returns and Super Off-Peak Day Returns, for returns on the same day, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcard and Super Off Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area. You can’t buy them in the London Fares Zones 1-6
- You can use GroupSave on Off-Peak returns for return within one calendar month, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- You won’t be able to use GroupSave at some stations during major events: for more information, visit the National Rail website
- Child £2 fares aren’t valid on Gatwick Express services
- Child £2 fares aren't valid on Great Northern, Greater Anglia, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway, Island Line, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern and South Western Railway except for travel within London Fares Zones 1-6 with an Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard